The EcoFairfield team invites all interested in environmental issues to an evening of green drinks, good food, good people, and hopefully a good tune or two.
Green Drinks events are very simple and unstructured, but many people have found employment, made friends, developed new ideas, done deals and had moments of serendipity.
Green Drinks have a lively mixture of people from NGOs, academia, government and business. Come along and you’ll be made welcome. Just say, “are you green?” and we will look after you and introduce you to whoever is there. It’s a great way of catching up with people you know and also for making new contacts. Everyone invites someone else along, so there’s always a different crowd, making Green Drinks an organic, self-organising network.
We hope you can accompany us for fun and networking this Friday, February 24, at Arandas’ Mexican Restaurant. Time: 6:30pm-9:30pm
Please RSVP here: http://www.facebook.com/events/348191771877938/
Green Drinks are Open
* Green Drinks is mostly for people working on environmental issues, but anyone can come — people from environment groups, business, government, academia and as individuals. There is no ‘us and them’.
* Organisers and all attendees actively welcome newcomers and introduce them to others in the group.
* All attendees commit to meeting new people at every session and not just sticking with people they already know.
Green Drinks are Freeform
* There is generally no agenda or theme, Green Drinkers mingle and share insights and provoke and exasparate and inspire and delight each other. There are moments of serendipity and a lot of ‘oh, you if are interested in X then I must introduce you to that person over there who knows all about it’ …
* All kinds of people come to Green Drinks and this is what makes for the interesting interactions.
Read the rest here: http://www.greendrinks.org/Start
See you Friday!
EcoFairfield 2012 team
Serve. Connect. Inspire.
Because our locals are awesome!